Why Study Food Security?
With over 7 billion mouths to feed globally, ensuring a secure supply of food is a burgeoning and critical challenge for scientists and policymakers alike.
With the growing need to protect existing food supply as well as reimagining the food supply chain for the near future, studying in our program opens students up to a wide variety of professional opportunities. Some of which include:
- Academic research in the field of agricultural innovation;
- International development;
- Applied research & development at agro-aimed industries;
- International research and project management;
- Food security and agriculture policy analysis;
- Food safety and public health policies;
- Agri-business management;
- State and local food security programs;
- Careers in government, non-government and international institutions