MSc in Plant Sciences with Emphasis in Food Security
This two-year MSc program will allow you to gain knowledge of the methodology used in plant molecular genetics and cell biological issues; and to study how plants interact with other organisms and adapt to the new environmental changes. Moreover, in view of the challenges of sustainably feeding world growing population, the program introduces relevant courses on food security emphasizing sustainability.
This innovative interdisciplinary program, introduced in 2022, and is now open to outstanding students worldwide, interested in obtaining a MSc in Plant Sciences with an emphasis in Food Security and Safety, with optional thesis.
Today this is the only program of its kind offered in Israel. The program provides you with academic knowledge and a leading faculty, opportunities to gain practical skills, and the chance to be a part of creating a sustainable future.
You will receive excellent research training in plant molecular genetics, biochemistry, cell biology, ecology and bioinformatics, that will allow you to pursue a PhD degree following the fulfillment of an MSc thesis and enter an academic career. Alternatively, as a graduate, you will be ready to approach a great variety of sectors with confidence – using your unique knowledge of Plant Sciences, to impact the future of sustainability and agriculture, as policy maker or future entrepreneur.
- You’ll get to train and engage with world-leading academics, field experts, and policymakers from across the globe.
- Get exposed to the cut-edge course on Cultivated and Plan-Based meat.
- Learn the physiological and pathological aspects related to the way for extending shelf life of the fresh produce.
- Study in Israel, a country renowned for its leadership and innovative approaches to food safety and security.
- Take advantage of an optional thesis track.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology/ Agriculture/ Biotechnology with a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or 80 on a scale of 100.:Admissions Requirements